Friday, January 21, 2011

Politics, grrrrrr!

There seems to be some sort of, of course complicated and human-made, upheavals going on with a thing humans call 'government'.  Tut.  And all these goings-on they dub 'politics'.  Tut again.  I see my humans looking at a screen on the wall that shows pictures of stuff but because it doesn't smell and can't be touched, I think they are not really there.  My humans though act as if all else has vanished around them, and become staring entities.  Last night in particular.  This 'government' was called dysfunctional, unbalanced, illusory, in total disarray and people thinking they are very important made very important speeches looking awfully important, insisting on making very very important points.  Snuff.  I only watch their body language and can discern from afar that most of them don't have an ounce of what it takes to be pack-leaders.  So I ignore them.  I can do that easily, but not so my humans!  They kept shaking their heads, and they laughed, but in a desperate/ironic sortofway, and I sensed some sadness from them as well as disbelief and anger.  So what they were watching made them just as unstable as the topic itself.  Me, I would only describe to the doggie way of 'politics'.  It's simple, it's efficient, it's immediate.  There are no such things as lies.  Of course, I don't have a choice in this.  That is who I am, and somehow, lucky me, I know who I am exactly, and that's all that's to it.  Last night, I kept to myself for a while, then jumped on the satee and snuggled up to human Alpha male.  His mind didn't know I was there, but he started stroking me, and in doing so, he calmed down and relaxed.  See, it's easy!!!!  The older bitch, Tine, who I totally respect (one growl sends me flying down the corridor away from her) gets upset herself when the humans are upset.  She starts barking, her tail wags anxiously and she paces up and down, up and down.  It's because she looks upon them as out of kilter and this is what she has learned also, being a nervous dog at the best of times.  So we have:  Two humans, upset, one dog, anxious, one dog (big sis Rosie) melting deeper into her basket, and only one dog (me) still standing!!!  I percieve it then to be my job to stay strictly calm, and hope they'll all follow suit, lending my energy, so to speak.  Good news is, I am only over one year old, but well equipped to help, and actually, I enjoy this.  I enjoy helping out if I can.  It's fulfilling to have a job at any given time, whatever it may be.  Which is more than I can say about those resigning ministers.  But just one look at their monetary status might be a clue as to why they just might not mind too much...

No comments:

Post a Comment