Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Found it!

What a walk we had today.  The human Alpha, Chris, kept putting small edibles in tree trunks or buried them beneath loose soil.  Rosie and me had to wait and take turns sniffing and digging them out.  Whoa, it took some composure not to tear away and start diiiiigggginngg!  But of course, there is this thing around our necks, the collar, that gets tucked at, and then we have no choice, have we.  The pleasure though, aaahh, when I can completely smell the earth, a commingling of moss, heaviness, rot, growth, worm, moisture, coolness and the color brown, that's when I am fully who I am, animal.  No guilt, no prejudice, no worries, just dog.  It's said we live in the moment.  Oh, yes, we do.  There is no other moment to live in, is there.  Thank goodness, we dogs don't get our non-existing knickers into a twist about it!  Today is a good day.  Feeling groovy!  A snooze produces lots of grunts, paws kicking the air, and me, upside-down, snoring.  You can't forget I'm here. No, no, noooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment