Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Nell tells it how it is

Of course I knew immediately that I wasn't in a normal, that is, dog-normal, environment when I was very small.  Dogs know these things.  It's called instinct.  So, my instict told me that a sofa is not a typical dog-resting  facility, but the warmth and comfort is not to be smirked at.  The black wet-looking rag beside me is Rosie, who fancies herself to be the big sis.  But really, I can wrap her around my little paw, and have learned how to do that from a tender age on.  Rosie is food gulper, a water lover, a most submissive 4 year old flatcoat, at times though the Retriever in her fulfills itself by a good ol' rabbit chase accompanied by temporary deafness to cries by the humans: 'Rosie, come here', and no amount of that brings her back anyway.  Me, I'm the superior dog.  Why?  I save energies, comply much sooner, and scoop up a treat.  Economics, economics!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment